Lately I’ve Been Thinking About The Mantra
If your life is not working right I want to remind you of the value and importance of chanting or reciting the mantra OmNamahaShivai. Perhaps nobody has told you of all the multiple benefits of it. First of all, as you already probably know, the repetition of it helps one attain perfection and God realization. Babaji said it is the highest thought there is. Its literal translation is “Oh Lord Shiva, I bow to thee with reverence. (Shiva being the part of God that destroys our ignorance and ego.) It also means INFINITE SPIRIT, INFINITE BEING & INFINITE MANIFESTATION. Therefore it charges you up while at the same time wiping out your negativity. It also means “I bow to the God Within” or “Oh Lord you are my refuge” You could also compare it to “Thy Will Be Done” in Christianity.
Here are some other points of importance.
- The mantra is like nectar nourishing you
- It is like plugging yourself into the Source
- It charges you up and gives you alot of energy
- It leads to remembering your total union with God
- It enlivens your inner consciousness
- It helps overcome suffering
- It provided protection
- It brings inner peace
- This Divine Name IS Divinity
- The Name of God is the greatest treasure on earth
- It purifies your heart
- You can achieve all things through japa (repeating the mantra)
- It is the easiest, quickest , safest and cheapest way of attaining God Realization
- Your miseries and sorrows will come to an end
- It gets you out of doom and gloom
- It burns out your karma and errors
- It is the master key for success
- It is a cure for all disease
- You can use it to administer healing to others
- It attracts people to you.
Maybe you did not know about all these benefits; but now you do. So get some mala beads if you don’t have them and recite it 108X daily (or for MAXIMUM benefit due 10 rounds on mala beads.)
There are also wonderful musical versions of it you can order.
What have you been thinking about lately? Share with me!